How to get my links in App Store before sending the binary ?

New to Moai? Get started here with our best tips and tutorials.

Moderators: ezraanderson, DanielWolf

How to get my links in App Store before sending the binary ?

Postby psdias » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi !

(Sorry for my bad English!)

Sorry for the long post, but I don't know how to describe my problem in a few words.

I just created my first app (a simple board game).

I have two versions: a "lite" version (free) and a "full" version (paid version).

In the lite version, when the user taps on a certain button, I would like to open
the page (in App Store) of my "full version" (I am using MOAISafariIOS.openURL in order to do that).

And, in the "full" version, I would like to open the page of my othesr apps
(I still have no app in the App Store, but I intend to soon). Therefore,
I am testing both versions with a link to an app from another person
(itms-apps://itunes.com/apps/ocarina) that I found on the web - it's working well.

But of course, I can not send the binary of my apps with the link above - I need my own links to my apps.

Questions:

If I register my apps (in https://itunesconnect.apple.com), and does not send the binaries,
Apple will give me the link to each one of my apps, and the link to the page of my apps ?
I need to know what are my links, before I send the binary files for the App Store.
So I can include my own links in my apps.

Thank you for your patience!

Paulo
psdias

Re: How to get my links in App Store before sending the bina

Postby btatarov » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:42 am

Not sure if submitting both files will work because one of them is going to get reviewed before the other and may get rejected for providing "false" links. I'm not sure about this but just to be safe why don't you just release the premium version first without the functionality to show different games (as you still don't have them) and then release the lite version with the link to the premium one. After that you can always update the premium one when you have more games to show.

I hope scottwb will chime in here as he recently moved to the premium business model.
Unwind... rewind...
btatarov

Postby scottwb » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:27 am

@btatarov is correct, this is the best way to handle the situation. We have the same challenge with our apps (free and deluxe versions).
scottwb

Postby Vavius » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:51 am

Here are two methods that we use:
1) You can your find app id in iTunes connect (Apple ID in the detailed app information).
Then you can make link like this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/YOUR_APP_ID?mt=8
Link will work after your app gets approved and live in the store.

2) Use link shortener like bit.ly. After release you can change redirect address. Also you'll get some analytics.
Vavius

Postby psdias » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Hello, btatarov, scottwb and Vavius !

Thank you for your suggestions!

Paulo
psdias

Postby millinan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:49 am

Get tall In-App purchase apps for free on your Android and iOS devices using Vshare app store. Download it from Vshare apk.
millinan

Return to Questions and Tips