Virtual reality

Do not post on-topic discussions here. Well you can if you really want to.

Moderators: naturally, ezraanderson

Virtual reality

Postby gphpgl » Sun May 24, 2015 4:10 am

Basically, virtual reality is an artificial environment that is created with software and presented to the user in such a way that the user suspends belief and accepts it as a real environment. On a computer, virtual reality is primarily experienced through two of the five senses: sight and sound. Virtual reality is being used in a number of ways by the business community which include:

Virtual tours of a business environment
Training of new employees
A 360 view of a product

Many businesses have embraced virtual reality as a cost effective way of developing a product or service. For example it enables them to test a prototype without having to develop several versions of this which can be time consuming and expensive. Please click here for more about virtual reality business.
Thanks a lot.
Last edited by gphpgl on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gphpgl

Re: There is no Accountability for Game Developers

Postby ibisum » Sun May 24, 2015 5:39 am

Is there a particular MOAI game that prompted this assertion? Most of the MOAI guys I know are pretty cool and wouldn't think of releasing a poor quality game in order to just make a quick buck. I think most of us want to make a great game to make a quick buck. :) But if you think there is something endemic to MOAI developers in this regard, I'd sure like to know what you're talking about ..
;
--
Email: ibisum@gmail.com
IRC: torpor on FreeNode, see you in the #moai channel
Got a MOAI snippet? Please consider adding it to http://moaisnippets.info/
ibisum

Re: There is no Accountability for Game Developers

Postby Bartho » Sun May 24, 2015 11:31 pm

Monday morning's english essay, I'll try to expose objective opinions :)
I'm not sure that would use Moai to make a game just for money, I would rather use a more widely spreaded sdk in order to find resources on the internet and make a crap game as fast as possible. Sure I want to make money (who doesn't?) but I want to give my best and learn new things, because when there's no challenge there's less satisfaction! When you search and try for hours (or more) and you finally get a result you feel good - but it's going away from the subject.

Who's responsible of MMOs becoming free to play? Devs or players? It's like the question of eggs and chicken, dev are probably in fault. There is always more MMO games released, so there is always something new to try and always the same quantity of time for players to try and play them (unless they quit their jobs or the university). I don't know which part of mmos players stay for months only on 1 game (that's probably like love, you don't necessary find the person you want to stay for life with, so you break) but obviously most of them want to get new experiences, so they don't stay on the same game for life. When there is less player buying new subscription as the time pass, it's not suitable anymore to stay on the suscribe to play modele.
MMO's market is probably saturated and if gamers still have the same amount of money to spend, it can't work for everyone, since a mmo cost more to create and maitain than a classic game. It is probably hard to find a good economic plan, and I don't think every devs want to **** the players. But sure, there are (a lot?) of dev like that.

About crowdfunding, hum. I just backed one game, to support a Moai dev. Since I'm a (broken) student I already don't buy as much game as I did before, so I don't usually invest in kickstarters. I don't have a stopped opinion about it,..
Bartho

Re: Virtual reality

Postby Hvatetew » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks for sharing this interesting blog with us.My pleasure to being here on your blog..Iwannacomebeck here for new post from your site
myhr.cvs.com
Hvatetew

Postby kopit » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:19 am

Is there a way to have a headache when playing with VR?
Will VR play games not created under VR? For example, racing games or the Rocket League where the camera is mobile
I would like once these technologies are compatible. I have a lot of fun playing now. A lot of pleasure gives me rl trade, which is my way of life. I buy rl items, RL = Rocket League and this is probably the best game for PS4 and Xbox. Every item in RL has its price, there are cheap items and rare items. You can buy rl wheels, you can buy other items to the Rocket League. For days, I sit, watch television and I'm fine. Excelent for normal players, wituout lot of time. If you want to buy rl items, then I buy cheap items here https://odealo.com/games/rocket-league It seems that Odealo is ideal for trading in RL, because the seller gets money through the service, and the service (Odealo) sends the money to the seller only when the buyer confirms the delivery. The ideal system for trading items in the Rocket League (RL). What is most important to buy rl items
Last edited by kopit on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kopit

Postby avasoloman » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:55 pm

hi
avasoloman

Return to Off Topic