in-app Purchases using MOAI SDK

Discussion about using Moai SDK - post questions, issues, and ideas here.

Moderators: naturally, seebs, ezraanderson

in-app Purchases using MOAI SDK

Postby n2oula » Fri May 10, 2013 1:40 am

Hello,

I'm currently developing a cross-platform game (iOS and Android) using the MOAI SDK.
I could barely find any documentation on how to integrate Non-consumable in-app purchases in my game.

The purchases would simply unlock additional content already bundled in the game.

Any clue on where to start? I know I will have to implement the module twice (on iOS and on Android)
Thanks!
n2oula

Re: in-app Purchases using MOAI SDK

Postby btatarov » Fri May 10, 2013 1:53 am

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty with API Docs then these two should be your starting point:

http://getmoai.com/docs/class_m_o_a_i_b ... droid.html
http://getmoai.com/docs/class_m_o_a_i_b ... i_o_s.html

It's pretty straight-forward but you'll need to configure some things in your apple and google developer accounts to make in-app purchases work. After you're able to complete transactions it's up to you how you unlock new parts of your product. There generally two ways:
- Content is already in the game, you just "unlock" it
- You build a web solution where the transaction is verified as successful and then you provide the downloadable content.

Unless you have a really good reason to, I advice you to go with the first option. If someone decides to hack around with your application and unlock things without buying, he's not going to pay you anyway.
Unwind... rewind...
btatarov

Postby n2oula » Fri May 10, 2013 3:14 am

Thank you very much.

I might get back to this thread when it comes to the best way to unlock game content.
Basically the unlockable content in my case consists in sqlite database chunks of rows, each row populates a template page in my game with data from its fields.
Si I'm thinking of creating bundles that unlock access to files listing X consecutive IDs. The latter IDs are references to previously inaccessible rows of the database.

What do you think?
Thanks again.
n2oula

Postby ibisum » Fri May 10, 2013 5:14 am

What I've encountered is that if you stuff all of your key game content into a .db file, you can use sqlite and get your game content as a new database to add to the local set. Stuffing game content into a .db file is easier said than done, but its a fact that Lua itself provides plenty of ways to stuff things into a database field. Serialize as part of your build process, at which point the .db generation becomes, hopefully and happily, a way to make new features available to interested users.
;
--
Email: ibisum@gmail.com
IRC: torpor on FreeNode, see you in the #moai channel
Got a MOAI snippet? Please consider adding it to http://moaisnippets.info/
ibisum

Postby chakharsh14 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:56 am

chakharsh14

Return to Moai SDK