Android Host Source

Tablets / Phones / Consoles / Ouya

Moderator: ezraanderson

Android Host Source

Postby ldeffenb » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Greetings,

I'm upgrading my environment to the latest moai-community 1.8 moai-dev /pull180 (or whatever the proper name is). I did a pito new-project followed by pito host init followed by pito host create android and pito host build android. This was, of course, AFTER I had the windows build built. And I should mention that I'm developing under Windows.

Well, in the past, my MoaiActivity.java and Moai.java were located in the project directory. But when I imported the newly built Android host into Android Studio, it is referencing the *.java source files directly from moai-community/sdk/moai/src/...

What did I do wrong? I checked the newly created project tree, but there definitely isn't any *.java sources there for me to customize. And I really don't want to have my custom host files always looking like they need to be committed.

Any helpful pointers would be appreciated.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
ldeffenb

Re: Android Host Source

Postby ldeffenb » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:14 pm

And a follow-on question (although I'm not seeing anything on the original):

When I do update the base source going into libmoai.so, I have to manually copy the .so file over to the project to have it included in the build. If the source for the project is coming out of the sdk tree, I don't understand why the .so isn't being referenced from the same location to make this automatic.

Or am I just supposed to rebuild the host from scratch with pito every time I need to test a new feature?

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
ldeffenb

Re: Android Host Source

Postby halfnelson » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:58 am

Not sure about the first question, but you might be able to modify your host to inherit from the moai classes and remain local.

As for the libs, there used to be an option (might still be there) when you create the host project to symlink to to libmoai instead of copy, this allows you to build moai without having to copy each time. (if you are on windows run the host create as admin to get symlinks to work)
halfnelson

Return to Android