Some notes on my WORKING attempts to build OSX+Steam. Note I cannot share the Steam SDK code here, but they are straightforward .h files with added precompiled libraries. This is done in two parts: building libmoai and building a host.
STEP A: LIBMOAI
1) Install moai feature 1.7.5 branch and moai-community, submodule init and update, then add any custom code to moai now
2) Add MOAISteam plugin and Steam SDK files into Moai directory however you want, or for example in "src/moai-steam"
[see attached file]
3) Edit host-modules/aku_modules.h and add #include <moai-steam/host.h> (you'd think to skip this step, but the changes won't take in the host)
4) Open libmoai xcode project in the /xcode/ directory
5) Set top target to libmoai-osx-all->My Mac, and optionally remove all 46 ios TARGETS (takes a while)
6) Set Product -> Scheme -> Edit Scheme -> Run -> Build Configuration -> Release
6) Universal Architecture in Build Settings, set Base SDK to MacOS10.12 or whatever u are using
7) Find TARGETS > libmoai-osx-http-server, right-click on it, and Duplicate. Rename to libmoai-osx-steam by double-clicking it
8) Click Build Settings -> Packaging -> Product Name and rename to 'moai-osx-steam'
9) Click on libmoai-osx-steam Build Phases and remove the files from http-server, then add the new files from the ZIP as appropriate. This step seems broken since it also adds all the files to the top of the project, not sure why that happens. Add all the steam SDK header files here too.
10) Add libsdkencryptedappticket.dylib to libmoai-osx-steam Link Binary With Libraries (not sure if this is needed)
11) Click on TARGET libmoai-osx-all, Build Phases, add Target Dependency, select libmoai-osx-steam to add
13) Click on libmoai-osx-steam.a in the left side of the project under Products, right click and Show in Finder (for next step)
STEP B: OSX HOST
1) Use pito to create a new project and a new host
2) Use Finder to navigate to osx/lib directory, then copy all *.a files from step 12 above
3) Set project to Release
4) Project -> Info -> macOS Deplyoment Target -> 10.8 (will throw warnings, but need to go back for wider compatibility)
5) Drag libmoai-osx-steam.a into lib project folder
6) Add files to project -> libsteam_api.dylib
7) Add MOAISteamAppInitialize (); to AKUModulesContextInitialize in aku_modules.cpp, plus the 2 other functions
8) Build, then navigate to project folder and copy api and appid.txt to there Contents->MacOS
9) Build + Run, with and without Steam to test
10) Upload via SteamContentPipe, but dont upload the DYSM file
11) Make sure you follow the Mac launch syntax on Steam page
Thanks to ezra, halfnelson, patrick, sshukul, and anyone else I forgot who helped with this.
- (13.34 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Last edited by naturally
on Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.